Clean Access With Concealed Hardware Available In Two Finishes
- These products save time compared to contractor-built custom hatches
- Our attic hatches are designed to minimize the visual disruption of your clean ceilings and walls
- bauco-attic-hatch® products are sized for residential attic access openings (Bldg. Code Section R807)
- Rough openings in GWB without abutting structures
- Soft Finish for fast installation and a clean look without need for further finishing treatments
- Frameless Finish for virtually invisible access can receive matching paint & texture treatments
Pressure Release Latch Option:
All hatches come standard with the concealed touch latch mechanism. In addition, the hatches can receive an optional pressure release latch mechanism which meets the pressure release requirements for spray foam insulated attics (in effect in some jurisdictions). In the event there is a pressure build-up of 45-50 lbs to the back of the door, in an air sealed attic space, the bauco attic hatch will open. Following such an event, the latch mechanism is easily reset to resume smooth touch latch operation.
Choose From Two Types Of Finishes:
There are two levels of finishes available; the Soft Finish is a flush-mount sheet metal access door fabricated from galvanized steel. It is fast and simple to install and requires no further finishing. The Frameless Finish hatch is an access door with gypsum board inlay which is installed and treated with common drywall tools to match the surrounding surface treatments. The Frameless Finish hatch also offers superior sound dampening properties.