September 17th Update
Dear customers, Dear specifiers, Dear vendors:
BAUCO is fully operational and firing on all cylinders. Thank you for your continued business. We hope you are all coping as well as possible.
We see no disruptions to our production and delivery systems that could affect your orders.
There are still no restrictions to cross-border shipments of goods. Our many freight partners are fully operational.
Our raw material inventory levels and production capacity have ample room to keep your material supply chain undisrupted. As a matter of fact, we have expanded our production square footage to allow for safe distancing and increased capacity.
We ask you to keep us informed about changes on your end. Please contact our customer service team should you need to change your order, update a delivery address or reschedule your shipment.
Are you designing and building medical facilities? We have done some thinking about access panels and infection control. Our testing clearly shows how our products can help with infection control. Here are some of the results.
To our staff, and community,
These are unprecedented times, and we are all in this together. We value the efforts you and your communities have been taking to slow the spread of covid-19. Bauco continues to take precautions and to work collaboratively with our neighbors, business community and public health authority to slow the spread of this virus. We have a team of dedicated staff who have been staying current on the practical recommendations and responding with actionable measures to support the ultimate goal of flattening the curve.
What Bauco is doing to prevent the spread of infection:
- Reduced crowding in office and production through shiftwork
- Increased cleaning frequency
- Setting up majority of office staff to work from home
- Organizing our shop and common areas to accommodate public health recommendations for social distancing
- Suspended all work-related travel & conferences
- Cancelled work-related conferences
- Staff meeting with Dr Danica Gleave (MD, retired) explaining how the virus works and addressing staff concerns in Q & A
- Ensuring employment security for entire workforce for as long as possible
- Increasing our sick-day coverage to allow staff with symptoms to stay home
- Maintaining shipment orders and open lines of communication with our valued customer base
How our amazing workforce is contributing:
- Maintaining social distancing at work and in the community
- Disinfecting frequently touched work surfaces
- Sanitizing high traffic areas several times per day
- Regular hand washing
- Coughing/sneezing into an arm or scarf
- Avoiding touching face
- Avoiding contact with those who are sick
- Self-monitoring for signs of possible cold or flu
- Staying home if feeling unwell
- Taking breaks outside and soaking in the needed vitamin D
- Maintaining a calm and positive outlook during this challenging time
We have an amazing workforce who have been exemplary in cooperating and extending genuine care and support for each other by staying calm, keeping a positive outlook, lending a hand and demonstrating regard for the recommendations we have implemented. During these extraordinary times, let us think of resilience. Let’s raise a heightened sense of community. Let’s see each other through this.
Some helpful links we found useful in navigating the changing landscape:
Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/