To our valued customers,
At this time there are no disruptions to our production and delivery systems that will affect your orders. There are no restriction to cross-border shipments of goods. We have material inventory for many months of production to keep your material supply chain undisrupted. Our many freight partners are still operational.
We ask you to keep us informed about changes on your end. Please contact our customer service team should you need to change your order, update a delivery address of reschedule your shipment.
To our staff, and community,
These are unprecedented times, and we are all in this together. We value the efforts you and your communities have been taking to slow the spread of covid-19. Bauco continues to take precautions and to work collaboratively with our neighbors, business community and public health authority to slow the spread of this virus. We have a team of dedicated staff who have been staying current on the practical recommendations and responding with actionable measures to support the ultimate goal of flattening the curve.
What Bauco is doing to prevent the spread of infection:
- Reduced crowding in office and production through shiftwork
- Increased cleaning frequency
- Setting up majority of office staff to work from home
- Organizing our shop and common areas to accommodate public health recommendations for social distancing
- Suspended all work-related travel & conferences
- Cancelled work-related conferences
- Staff meeting with Dr Danica Gleave (MD, retired) explaining how the virus works and addressing staff concerns in Q & A
- Ensuring employment security for entire workforce for as long as possible
- Increasing our sick-day coverage to allow staff with symptoms to stay home
- Maintaining shipment orders and open lines of communication with our valued customer base
How our amazing workforce is contributing:
- Maintaining social distancing at work and in the community
- Disinfecting frequently touched work surfaces
- Sanitizing high traffic areas several times per day
- Regular hand washing
- Coughing/sneezing into an arm or scarf
- Avoiding touching face
- Avoiding contact with those who are sick
- Self-monitoring for signs of possible cold or flu
- Staying home if feeling unwell
- Taking breaks outside and soaking in the needed vitamin D
- Maintaining a calm and positive outlook during this challenging time
We have an amazing workforce who have been exemplary in cooperating and extending genuine care and support for each other by staying calm, keeping a positive outlook, lending a hand and demonstrating regard for the recommendations we have implemented. During these extraordinary times, let us think of resilience. Let’s raise a heightened sense of community. Let’s see each other through this.
Some helpful links we found useful in navigating the changing landscape:
Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/