BUILD YOUR CAREER AT BAUCO!
As a growing company we offer a lot of room for advancement for the right candidate.
This is a long-term career opportunity to build professional relationships with important decision-makers in the construction industry throughout North America. In this role you will join a team of coworkers forming the Market Outreach Team which is tasked with intensifying and formalizing efforts for business development, marketing, customer relationship building, and public relations. This role will involve activities such as market research; creating and maintaining information systems for marketing and business development; directly reaching out to customers to follow up on past orders and quotations; directly reaching out to prospects / influencers to promote our products and services both from inside and outside of the office; and responding to requests for technical product consultations.
This is not a traditional sales role, but rather a technical communications and business to business relationship building function. You actively engage with professionals by phone, email, mail and on occasion in person. You are a product consultant in a specifications driven industry, supported by our excellent customer service team. Over the years we have refined our proven process of business development; you will focus on carrying out this process.
Your success will be measured by the quality of your communications, the responsiveness to client requests and the number of relationships you initiate.
The primary roles of this position are:
· Actively building and maintaining relationships with new and existing contacts (customers and influencers such as: contractors, architects, developers, engineers, distributors, interior designers, property managers)
· Outreach to key construction professionals via phone, emails, travel and other means
· Following up on construction project leads
· Product demonstrations and design consultations
· Collecting market and product information by listening to clients
· Contribute to new business development strategies and marketing techniques/platforms including implementing advertising and online media strategies
· Opportunity to travel and attend tradeshows 2-4 times a year (destinations such as NYC, LA, Miami, Toronto, Vancouver, Chicago, Washington DC, Bermuda, etc.)
The ideal candidate is an effective communicator who is able to build and nurture relationships. You are a good listener and retain pertinent information. You’re a self-starter who is able to work independently and to play your part within our team. You show initiative within the scope of your job requirements, follow up on pending issues, organize work appropriately, and work effectively in a team. You are able to travel in North America (from time to time).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Advanced verbal and written communication skills
· Computer skills – experience with CRM Programs and Microsoft Office, data entry
· High attention to detail
· Ability to manage time
· Ability to focus on desired targets, set goals and action plans
· Ability to develop in depth knowledge of our product, client, and industry
· Ability to sketch basic construction details by hand is an asset
Education and Experience:
· Post-secondary education or three-five years’ of relevant work experience
· Relevant experience includes: customer service, account management, B2B sales/service, or a consultative sales environment
· Experience in a construction, architectural, or design-related field is an asset